Wednesday, February 14, 2007

New Store: [CIVVIES]!



In case you already didn't know... I opened a new store!!! I really wanted to try something different from the clean style of Miau Haus. (Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE my Miau Haus!) It's just so hard as a designer to be continually inspired and challenged... it's so easy to feel like you're in a rut, and my new project was just what the doctor ordered :D I've always loved movies like Blade Runner, Mad Max and Tank Girl, and I love how resourceful people would have to be in a post-apocalyptic setting... that's the spark that got my little kitty brain going. PLUS! I got to have the challenge of making everything dirty, worn out and grungy, sooo, with Donovan over my shoulder encouraging me to make things dirtier... dirtier... EVEN DIRTIER! I was on my way! Wheee!




Below is from my forum post, describing the store concept. After posting it, I realized how serious it sounds... almost like a book report for school (Gosh! I hope I get an "A"!)

"Wandering the skies of Second Life, [CIVVIES], a wearables establishment held aloft by the airship "Dystopia," supplies the citizens of a post-apocalypitic world with clothing and accessories. CIVVIES is currently docked in Redear and is open for business!

Items in the store appear to have been scavenged or reassembled from various found materials. Clothing has been previously worn... every rip, hole and stain tells a story. Colorful message-bearing graphics have been added to well-worn tees, where hard work is emphasized to promote the rebuilding of a new society, although beauty and the human capacity to enjoy life is equally emphasized. Although the store is called, Civvies, residual military influences appear, along with propaganda imagery and a distinct vintage flavor reminiscent of the eras of previous World Wars. Also notable are the multi-cultural influences that accurately reflect the melting pot society.

Civvies will remain in Redear as long as the business lasts... then it's off to another location where more customers and more adventures await!"



Anyhow, I hope everyone likes it as much as I liked building it and making shtuff for it. And a HUGE thanks to Miss Arbel for the blog! *hugggs!*

Miau for now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh oh oh i gotta go check it out!!! Noam showed me a sample and i cant wait to see the rest.

Congratulations on the new shop!!! :D

Nex Brannan said...

Coooooool

Posy Trudeau said...

Thank you! *grins big*