Thursday, March 29, 2007

"Road Agent" Coat @ [CIVVIES]



Well, I had a long list of things I wanted to make for Miau Haus and [CIVVIES]... but I had this random inspiration this weekend to make a long leather coat.. go figure! Anyhow, I originally wanted to make a coat with an exaggerated bunched up collar, because I loved this animation that Donovan did and showed me months ago, which had a character who wore this scarf that covered the lower half of his face; I just thought it looked cool :D The first prototype of the coat was built well, but needed texture tweaks and a different collar... sooo after a few suggstions by Dis and Donovan... the Road Agent coat was born! I'm super happy with how it turned out, and I've gotten great responses from my designer friends who's opinions I highly respect... so yay! It's a good day in SL :D

At first I was gonna name it "Drifter" because I pictured this nomad-like lone wolf wandering from town to town...his coat being his main shelter from the elements. Then I explored more names...mainly using a Thesaurus and saw "Road Agent." Way more cool! A Road Agent is a bandit (yes, I had to look it up...lol), so I thought the collar concealing half of the face was perfect for a bad-ass bandit.

I'll prolly do a "Drifter" coat down the road... maybe make it more wooly and fabric-like, rather than leather with a different collar. But first I need to do a Miau Haus project... some fun sneakers... or jackets?

Miau for now!

No comments: